Monday, January 16, 2017

Maggie Ryan visits with a look at her title, MY CAPRICIOUS COWGIRL.  I've read several of Maggie's books and know you won't be disappointed!



Out of destruction comes hope; out of silence comes profound love.


BLURB:


Matthew Stone is a rancher who finds his greatest pleasure in working in the great outdoors, doing his part in building the Rose Ranch in the Oregon territory. He has watched his friends wed, and accepts their teasing about his confirmed bachelorhood. All that changes the day he is out repairing fences and looks up to see a horse jumping the railing, aware of how dangerous that is, as the last fence drops away. His warning does nothing to stop the rider, and a scream has him racing down the cliff, expecting to find the worst. What he finds instead is a small boy, clinging to a boulder while the river attempts to pull him away.



Sally Jefferson has just arrived in a strange place, and her young son Davy is the only person she knows there. Devastation and heartache have followed them as they braved the Oregon Trail, and she fears that, after surviving over two-thousand miles, she won't survive another moment when Davy's life is threatened.

The moment Matthew and Sally meet is like an echo of the storm that drove her from her home, as lightning seems to strike between them.



Matthew never expected to fall in love. Now he finds himself head over heels not only for Sally, but for a boy who doesn't speak and yet has stolen his heart.

Will Matthew be able to convince Sally that life can begin again? Will the fact that his very touch ignites her soul be enough to allow her to accept not only his love, but his discipline?



My Capricious Cowgirl is the fourth book in the Willamette Wives series about a group of pioneers who are building their dreams together and sharing in both the burdens and the joys. They are far more than friends… they are a family. Though this is the fourth book, it can be read as a standalone.



Publisher's Note: This book contains explicit sexual content, including spanking and anal play. If any of these offend you, please do not purchase.











EXCERPT:
 
“I said I was sorry,” Matthew said quietly.
They’d found Sally who stated she’d been calling them to lunch for a half hour. His apology hadn’t removed the look of tension from her face though he’d apologized yet again and assured her that he wouldn’t forget to inform her of their whereabouts in the future.
“We didn’t hear you until that last time you called,” he said. “There’s a small waterfall below where we crossed the river and…”
“You crossed the river!” Her eyes instantly went to their feet.
“Don’t worry, we took off our boots and socks…”
“Your pants are soaked! Davy, go change.” When the boy hesitated, she pointed to the wagon. “Right now!” Once he was gone, she turned to Matthew. “That child has had enough of swimming. My God, he has a wracking cough and yet you… you decide that it’s perfectly all right to play in the same river that almost killed him!”
“Sally, calm down…”
“Don’t tell me to calm down. I trusted you to keep him safe…”
“He is perfectly safe,” Matthew cut in, reaching out to take her arm. “I would never do anything to put him in danger. I just didn’t think to…”
She wrenched her arm free. “No, you didn’t think. You almost gave me an apoplexy when I couldn’t find you and you didn’t answer when I called and called. You disappear with my son and let him get soaked in the river.  God, how stupid can you be?”
“There is no need to yell…”
“I’ll yell if I want!”
“Not at me you won’t,” he corrected, reaching for her. “I accept the fact that I should have told you where we were going. I understand why you were frightened…”
“I’m not frightened… I’m fucking mad!”
“That’s enough,” Matthew said.  “You need to stop right now. Davy is fine. I haven’t heard him cough a single time since I’ve been here today. He did not go swimming; he is not soaked. Yes, the hem of his pants got wet but that won’t make him ill. What will is hearing his ma screeching and cursing like a fishwife. What will have him too scared to go near the water is your reminding him of what happened yesterday. He learned a tough lesson and you, young lady, are about this far from learning your own.” He rubbed his index finger against the pad of his thumb.
“I’ll fucking cuss whenever I damn well want” she hissed, “you can’t tell me what to feel. You have no fucking idea how a mother… no, let me go!”
“Oh, honey, the only place you are going is over my knee.”
“You… you wouldn’t dare!”
“Unless you wish your son to know that you are about to get your ass spanked, I suggest you settle down.” When she continued to try to pull away, he bent a little closer. “Remember I told you that I never promise anything I didn’t mean? Well, little girl, I promise that I’m going to give you a spanking and promise to keep it as private as possible but, I promise that if you don’t stop right this instant, you’re not only going to have a tender bottom, you’re going to know that your boy heard every single smack that you’ve earned. Understood?”
She instantly stilled when he gave her that first smack along with his question. Her mouth dropped open but self-preservation must have kicked in because not a sound was uttered. Matthew gave her a moment as if to make sure she wasn’t going to dig herself further into the hole she’d begun. “I’ll give you a choice.” Seeing the hope flair in her blue eyes, he almost chuckled. “You may choose to behave and we will take care of your spanking when Davy takes his nap… or, you can continue to act like a shrew and I’ll be giving you that spanking right now. Which will it be?”
“I-I don’t want a spanking…”
“That wasn’t one of the options I offered. You are definitely getting a spanking. The choice is when Davy is sleeping or now.”
“I-I’m sorry. I was just…”
“Sally, we can discuss that afterwards but unless I hear your decision with your next breath, I’ll make the choice for you.”
She looked towards the wagon, then towards the woods, the river, the sky but finally she met his eyes. “When Davy is… is napping… please.”

BIO:

A USA Today and #1 international best selling author, I have been writing stories as long as I can remember. I enjoy writing both contemporary erotica as well as historical books set in ages past. I love developing characters that are able to tell their own stories. My heroines are multi-faceted women who are strong, intelligent and capable in their own right but find a deep need to share their lives with those strong, sexy and dominant alpha males that capture their hearts. My heros recognize the gift of submission for the gift it is, loving and protecting the women that offer that gift. I enjoy sweet, romantic stories with just a taste of domestic discipline as well as one that explore the harsher D/S lifestyle. I also enjoy writing age-play stories set both in Victorian era where women didn't have a great deal of power in their lives as well as in today's present time where women still find their happiness is greatly enhanced in offering the gift of submission. My hope is that you settle back in your favorite chair and allow my books to entertain you and let you escape into another world.



Please feel free to contact me at: maggie.ryan.writes@gmail.com as I'd love to hear from you.



I'd appreciate it if you'd leave a review on Amazon as well as reviews not only help inform other potential readers about books that you have enjoyed, they serve to help me strive to become a better writer. I so appreciate every reader and wish you Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment